Friday, October 12

Paneer Bhurji

Paneer Bhurji
I first ate this dish from the Punjabi family I stayed with as paying guest. I fell in love with it the first time I ate it and so did Kundan; so I make this bhurji frequently at home. It is very simple to make and is one of the tastiest combination with phulkas, I swear.



Ingredients:

1.       Paneer –200 gm
2.       Green chilies – 2
3.       Onion – 1 finely chopped
4.       Cumin seeds – ½  tsp
5.       Asafoetida – 1 pinch
6.       Oil 1 tbsp
7.       Salt to taste
8.       Chopped Coriander – 1 tbsp

Method:

Step 1: Grate the paneer either by using whipping option in the mixer or by crumbling by your hands
Step 2: In a non-stick pan, heat oil and crackle cumin seeds in it, sprinkle asafoetida, thrown in chopped chilies, add the chopped onion and sauté till they are soft and translucent.
Step 3: Now, add the grated or crumbled paneer, sprinkle necessary salt over it and mix with a soft hand in simmered stove for 1 minute.
Step 4: Adjust salt, garnish with the fresh coriander and serve warm with rotis/ phulkas.
Tip:
Ø  I make use of homemade paneer to do bhurji as they are crumbly; the store bought paneer are little rubbery is what I feel.
Ø  You can use old paneer (not after expiry) in freezer which are dry in texture, for this dish.

No comments: