Tuesday, January 22

Turmeric Pepper Milk



For those who have a bad cold, throat infection or congestion in chest or that you simply got drenched in rain, this recipe is a prevention and relief from pain that gives evident results. Turmeric increases immunity while pepper has lots of healing properties. I had learnt this from my mom which in turn is probably from my pattama (maternal granny). Right from my childhood, I hardly take any antibiotics for common cold; this had been the one and only savior for me ever since I can remember. Many relatives and friends had tried and adapted this part of their lives and don’t worry this is not one of those bitter kashayams or kaadas, it is very very soothing as you sip it hot; personally, I love the taste and color.




Serves: 2

Preparation Time: No preparation required

Cooking Time: 5 min


Ingredients:

1. Milk – 2 cups

2. Sugar – 1 tbsp.

3. Turmeric powder – 2 tsp
           4.  Crushed pepper – 1 tsp




Method:


Step 1: Boil the milk in a pan.

Step 2: Add sugar, turmeric, freshly crushed pepper to it and simmer it for 2 minutes.

Step 3: Filter it in a cup and sip it when hot.



TIPS:

* Having it continuously for 3 days will reduce infection and give great results.





1 comment:

Padhu Sankar said...

I have it when I have cold.Nice color